Monday, January 22, 2007

MICROSOFT FOREVER AND THEN SOME
I'm a bit lost here. Must have typed something and then failed to enter it properly. Grin. Ah, I think I vaguely remember now. I'd had a session searching for some help with what I thought was a minor problem on (in?) the 'puter.
For some reason, I went to Microsoft's "help" section (yeah, I know, should have Googled it). Gazing at the myriad of sites on the left hand side of the page, my eyes started to glaze over. Reading the volumes of information in the center of the page, my mind started to glaze over.
Not to be deterred, I clicked on a link. More clickable links appeared. In the center, a long page of help. At least that was what it was supposed to be. I think.
In the article, more clickable links. And some strange use of words. I think (and I could be wrong) that I was supposed to do all this nerdy stuff as if I had been born to it.
My belief is that someone needs to let Microsoft know that America lost 30,000+ IT jobs under the leadership of Dubya and there aren't enough of those people left to help everyone.
Eventually I did Google my problem, found entries where others had had the same problem and got it solved through the kind people who helped them. I only go to Microsoft now for updates.

No comments: